Friday, July 14, 2017

A golden ending to chess competition













It is important to get such a busy day off to a healthy start. Breakfast is always good.
Omelettes with blintzes,herring and latte

Gefilte fish with Horse Radish would made my wife happy

Halivah always in plentiful supply

The day starts early for me with a busride to the Hub to watch the junior boys soccer semi finals against Canada. I ride over with the junior girls soccer team who watch the scoreless first half and then exit for their final practice before Sunday's final against Israel.


The boys have their hands full with an aggressive Canadian team, which has the majority of the fans since they are hoteled at The Hub. As the tension mounts deep into the second half, I have to leave to take the walk up for the final round of the chess tournament. For good luck, I take some pieces out of my set and put them on the life size chessboard.



I arrive at the playing hall and
Zeltsan efficiently dispatches his Israeli opponent to clinch first place and the gold medal. The news is not as good from Jerusalem where Wyde loses to Moshe Gal of Israel and falls completely out of the medals race.

‎מועדון השחמט חיפה - נשר‎'s photo.

The final printout shows all the results. The US finished first overall and also had the top women's finisher.



Before we all broke up we took this great picture:

The blue in the upper right is the Mediterranean
My coaching duties have ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment